CENTRAL COAST PATENT AGENCY, Donald R. Boys, Watsonville, CA 1998 – Present
Patent Agent/Prosecution Assistant
- Edit/prepare patent applications and apply technical writing and drawing skills to improve documentation.
- Prepare successful prosecution responses in compliance with Office and MPEP regulations.
- Developing extensive arguments in response to Office Actions, ensuring accurate application of case law.
- Facilitate instruction for foreign patent agents in preparing appeals and responses.
- Create strategic plans for securing client patent protection based on needs analysis.
- Collaborate regularly with clients and USPTO examiners to review applications and provide assistance during appeals and prosecution.
- Partner with clients in the software, telecommunications, electronics, and biotechnology fields.
- Served on a two-person prosecution team, securing a substantial patent portfolio for Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. and supporting the
$1.5 billion acquisition by Alcatel-Lucent.
- Built initial portfolio for Yodlee.com, Inc. before merger with VerticalOne, which raised more than $116 million in ten years.
Biology, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA
Associate of Arts,
Liberal Arts, Mendocino Junior College, Willits, CA
Accounting/Business Administration, University of Phoenix Online
Registered Patent Agent,
United States Patent and Trademark Office